There’s hardly anything to be excited about this year because #covidhappened. So, if I have to name one thing that I’m looking forward to, that HAS to be the $100 #SingapoRediscover voucher that all Singaporeans aged 18 and above will be entitled to. Here’s everything thing you need to know about this free moolah in 5 points 😉
1. When can I start using it?
You can start redeeming it starting from 1 December 2020 (Tuesday). But don’t leave the “shopping” till then, start shopping today so you can use redeem your vouchers soon :p
2. What can I use it for?
You can use it for accommodation, attraction and tours. Here are the eligible merchants (but note that you have to book through the appointed booking platforms listed in point #3 only)
- List of 39 attractions (including Gardens by the Bay, MBS Observation Deck, River Safari, etc)
- List of 178 hotels (including Intercontinental, Raffles Hotel, RWS hotels, etc)
- List of 91 tours (including Trishaw Uncle, Ducktours, etc)
3. How do I use it?
While some of you may have received physical letters (my parents did!) to inform you about the voucher, do note that this $100 #SingapoRediscover voucher can only be redeemed electronically ONLINE. In 4 simple steps,
- Go to Klook, Trip.com, GlobalTix and Traveloka, Changi Travel Services (also known as Changi Recommends) to search for the ideal attraction/accommodation/tour you would like to use your voucher for
- Add the ideal ideal attraction/accommodation/tour to your cart*
- Select “Use SingapoRediscovers vouchers” to pay at the checkout page (you’ll be prompted to log onto SingPass)
- Generate the voucher code through the SingPass page and apply it on the merchant’s payment page. The balance can be paid with any other acceptable payment method
*Eligible products that can be redeemed with the vouchers are marked with the SingapoRediscovers vouchers icon on the respective websites.
4. Is there an expiry date?
Yes, there is! Vouchers are valid till June 2021 only so don’t forget to use them.
5. Must I use all $100 at one go?
No, the vouchers are available in denominations of $10 so you can book a variety of attractions or tours to maximise the experiences if you like!
[Bonus] 6. What if I have troubles redeeming the voucher online?
There will be 69 booking counters at selected community centres, shopping malls and SingPost outlets islandwide. You”ll still require your SingPass details in order to make your booking with the #SingapoRedisover voucher over the counter.
More details on this
[Bonus] 7. No benefits for those aged under 18? 🙁
How envious we are of your youth! Each Singaporean with family members below 18 years old (i.e. parents, grandparents, relatives and legal guardians) can purchase up to six subsidised child/youth tickets for attractions and tours. Each subsidy is up to $10.
If you would like to find out more about the SingapoRediscover vouchers, they have done up a helpful set of FAQs which you can read more here.